Mr. Bruce Potts’s Reviews Of Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh Motorcycle Tour
(11 days on Honda dirt bike XR250 Hanoi – Nha Trang, ~2,100 km)
Cheers and thanks for everything. Your service and attention to detail to your clients is simply fantastic. I actually recommended you to another travel agent the other day. I will also post you a CD with some pics which you are welcome to use.
Vietnam is amazing and the trip was one of the great experiences of my life – and doing it on the bike was the best possible way. Thankyou so much for everything.
Please give my fondest hellos to Li and Chung and I will be in touch soon.
– Tempo of the tour and the stop-over: Loved it. I had no problems with the schedule. I think we were a fairly quick group which gave us more time as well at the stops. Only day I didn’t really enjoy was from Hoi An to Quy Nhon, 7 hours straight of traffic, towns and road works.I reckon an interior loop would be better scenic wise and a little less stressful. Maybe go 12 days instead of 11 and not such a long day? Whilst 300 km is not long on a bigger bike, it is harder going on the 250, my butt has still not recovered.
– Bikes and equipment: No problem – 250 was good and nippy in the traffic. However next time I am going to bring my Airhawk. That seat is soooo hard.
– Accommodation: All of them were great except for Hue. That place was a dump – especially when you compare to the other places we stayed during the trip – so a standard was set. If they were all dumps, then one would have just accepted it as part of the adventure, but all of the places were very nice comparable to western standards. When you consider the cost of the trip, I would upgrade to something better at Hue and tag the cost on – it is so cheap over there, your clients will pay it without questions asked. It is a pity there wasn’t more places like the homestay – I enjoyed that the most – just great fun and great location.
– Food: Oh the food – just amazing. Li was great with our menus and I absolutely loved it. In fact, it has made me change my eating habits which I have brought home! Only thing I didn’t eat was the goat – but that was more of a mental block. Everything else was great, even on those often times when I did not know what I was eating.
– The organization – Guide services: Li and Chung were simply awesome and I cannot praise them high enough. I thought the mix of roads was good, however would always prefer single lane over highway! Dirt I can take or leave, but I am getting too old to do serious and technical offroad (been there, done that) so the trip was simply perfect for me. Li and Chung were awesome and I really enjoyed their company.
– The price: More than reasonable and excellent value as far as I am concerned. I have no complaints – one must compare what we pay here for things, so I thought the overall package was very well priced. Everything else about the place is ridiculously cheap.
– How did you know about us? From memory – (it was a while ago) – web search or YouTube.
Full name: Bruce Potts
For more customers’ reviews of Offroad Vietnam motorbike tours on Ho Chi Minh Trail, please follow this link